Where is the data hosted? Zurmo has 2 data centres (Virginia and Chicago), with dedicated servers and managed services. Zurmo also has a relationship with Amazon so their EC2 infrastructure can be utilized if needed.
What kind of fault tolerance and disaster recovery processes does Zurmo have in place? Zurmo developed internal processes to deal with disaster recovery. The data centres have redundant internet/bandwidth providers and server equipment (cold spares). Additionally, Zurmo has an identical server configuration in the secondary data centre that can be spun up in a disaster.
- Closed, private data centre facilities
- Extensive data centre security features
- Backups for Hosting
- Fault-tolerant power redundancy
- Powerful industrial class generators
- 24/7 monitoring
- Liebert temperature-controlled server environment
- N+1 and redundant AC/DC UPS Power
- Ample cooling capacity
- Technical staff on premises
- The network core is powered by multiple Cisco Catalyst 6500 multilayer switches with top-of-the-line Supervisor 720-3BXL cards, capable traffic rates as high as 720 Gigabits per second. This is augmented by a Juniper routing system where appropriate
- Zurmo backs up all data nightly and three times per week offsite
Zurmo use the managed services within the data centres. The data centre staff manages the hardware physically, but Zurmo administer everything remotely. We have multiple service providers. Our two main providers are Servint and LiquidWeb, more info here: