Helping you make the choices that will help your organisation excel
Aim of this workshop is to help you take better decisions when designing your organisation's strategic plan.
Michael Porter who is the most cited author in business and economics said about strategy "Strategy is about making choices, trade-offs, it's about deliberately choosing to be different."
In this workshop we use LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® to help analytical thinking, creative ideas and future planning. You can find more details on how LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® here . You will journey through our five stage strategy model and come back full of ideas and plans for the future. Each step will help you better understand what strategy really is and how to include strategic thinking in your everyday practices.
Delivered by: Vasilis Gkogkidis
Vasilis is a certified LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® facilitator and gamification consultant working for GAMIFICATION+ LTD which provides strategic consultancy, advice and training on gamification. Vasilis is also the Greek ambassador of GamFed (International Gamification Confederation) which supports best practices in gamification and has a masters degree in Business Management from the University of Brighton where he was trained in gamification by Pete Jenkins.
Check out Vasilis Speaking Page here!
Course outline (Full Day Workshop):
- Introduction and Skills Building: We introduce the purpose of the workshop and make everyone feel comfortable with building LEGO.
- Analysis Stage: We start by talking about the strong parts of the organisation and also the parts that need improvement. We need to know how we are to decide who we want to be.
- Goal Setting: Participants need to think about where they want their company to go. Common consensus is build on what the goal is.
- Build Strategies: Here participants need to think about the way they can achieve that goal and build their strategies.
- Pick a strategy: We need to come to an agreement on which strategy or mix of strategies is best for the team. Participants need to build consensus and common knowledge.
- Final Plan: Final stage where the whole team comes up with a detailed plan on how to make the strategies come to life.
Workshop Duration: 8 hours
Great workshop at ApoDec using LEGO to talk about strategy
Playing with strategy while getting insights on your business! LEGO helped us visualise our ideas and find solutions for our challenges as an organisation.